THE KITE RUNNER: GRAPHIC NOVEL REVIEW


Writer : Khaled Hosseini
Illustrators : Fabio Celoni and Mirka Andolfo
Published by : Riverhead Trade
Released : 6th September, 2011
Pages : 136


Hello, my name is Yuannisa Fathanah. Welcome to my blog!

On this occasion, I will tell you my opinion about a book that has touched millions of readers through its story of two boyhood friends torn apart by situation and war.

I admit, this book is so wonderful.

To be honest, this is the first graphic novel I ever have. And I need one week or more to forget about how emotional I am when I remember the story.

***

The story starts when a man named Amir got a phone call from his uncle in Pakistan. 
And it brings back the old memories.
The childhood of Amir and his best friend, Hassan, which was very beautiful and yet tragic, blows like the wind. Hassan was a bright kid that always succeed in catching kite and Amir was a smart kid that loves to write stories and read.

But everything changed when the kite tournament was over.


"For you, a thousand times over!" - Hassan to Amir

 Hassan, who was Amir's best friend yet also a servant of him, experienced something terrible from Assef, the bandit. And Amir, who was watching the whole incident, couldn't do anything instead of being silent.

“There is only one sin. and that is theft… when you tell a lie, you steal someones right to the truth.”  - Baba

With only because an incident made the friendship of the two boys shattered.
Amir with his self-centered thinking started to avoid Hassan and even worst, he got rid of Hassan to take his father's attention all for him, kept all burdens of Hassan as a secret. For his father to not think of him as a coward because of leaving Hassan alone helpless that day.


 ***

The Kite Runner has become a beloved classic and international phenomenon since its 2003 publication. propelled by passionate word of mouth, the book steadily climbed the bestseller lists, soon becoming a number one of New York Times bestsellers remaining on that list for more than two years.


This is probably the best book I have read in 2019. The emotion of the story is so tense that I think everyone could cry because of the conflicts. 
At the beginning of the story, the writer focused to show the love and closeness between Amir and Hassan. It is so nice and heart-warming. I love this book very much!


Well, I think I will give 5/5 as a novel you all must-read.


Thank you for your visit! :)

Comments